“Investigations of a dog” at the Maison Rouge in Paris shows a selection of 40 artworks taken from five major European collections that have teamed up to found FACE, Foundation of Arts for A Contemporary Europe … Nice! The humourous title is taken from Kafka’s short story in which the unnamed narrator, a dog, recounts a number of episodes from its past, in which it used quasi-scientific and rational methods to resolve basic questions of its existence. Initially presented at Foundation Sandretto Re Rebaudengo (Automn 2009) and at Ellipse Foundation in Portugal (Spring 2010) some forty artworks from the five collections are on display at the Maison Rouge, in Paris’s Bastille area, until January 16th, 2011.
The founding members of FACE are:
– DESTE Foundation estabilished in 1983 by Greek art collector Dakis Joannou
– Ellipse Foundation established in 2004 by Joao Oliveira-Rendeiro with support from the Banca Privado Portugues
– Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo established n 1995 by Italian collector Patrizia Sandretto Re Rebaudengo
– Magasin 3 Stockholm Konsthall founded in 1987, and
– Maison Rouge, fondation Antoine de Galbert created in the year 2000