Sixty photography exhibitions plus an excellent art fair dedicated to the medium are on in Paris this month – and in some cases beyond.
– Larry Clark‘s controversial exhibition at the musée d’art moderne de la Ville de Paris (MAMVP)
– André Kertesz‘s beautiful and well-research retrospective at the Jeu de Paume
– the photography group show at the MAC/VAL art centre, slightly off the beaten track in Vitry-sur-Seine, just outside of Paris (cf. http://www.macval.fr)
– Manuela Marques at gallery Anne Barrault, 22 rue Saint-Claude, 75003 Paris (metro stop: Les Filles du Calvaire)
– Sophie Calle‘s exhibition “Raquel, Monique” about her recently deceased mother (more info here) in a part of the Palais de Tokyo art centre otherwise closed to the public
– the Paris Photo art fair at the Carroussel du Louvre (next to the underground mall space at the Louvre)
You can download a complete calendar of events (in French) on the Mois de la Photo website.
The image of the poster was made by Brazilian artist Vik Muniz. To know more about him and his creative process I suggest you take 15 minutes to listen to him speak on TED.com